Last updated Mar. 11, 2023 by Peter Jakes
While most people dream of having the latest laptop or desktop, many people out there can’t afford to buy one right now.
If you’re looking for a way to get a new computer without breaking the bank, here are some great options.
Recycle your old laptops.
If you’re looking for a way to make your old laptop go further, consider donating it. This can be done through the organizations listed below.
- Charity: The Salvation Army accepts donations of all kinds, including laptops, which they will then sell at their thrift stores.
Proceeds from these sales support their many programs and services in communities nationwide. When you donate a computer, they’ll send software that makes sure your data is securely wiped before it’s sold.
- School: Schools can also use computers as part of their curriculum or simply as tools for students who need them to complete assignments or research projects at home.
If you have an older model laptop sitting around collecting dust and donating it, it could help make things easier for someone who could benefit from having one.
- Library: Many libraries accept used computers as donations so that people who lack access can still get online and learn more about what’s happening in today’s world (or just catch up on Game of Thrones).
They may also offer training classes so users can become familiar enough with their new machines before taking off into cyberspace.
If you want to pursue a career in technology, applying for a scholarship at your school’s tech department may be worth it.
While these scholarships are often awarded to students who have already enrolled in the program, they can also be given out based on merit and need.
You should also remember that the specific requirements for these types of scholarships vary from school to school.
For example, some tech schools will only offer scholarships for certain fields (like software engineering), while others may offer them for any field under their umbrella of majors.
If you don’t see anything that looks like what you’re interested in studying or pursuing as a career, research other schools’ requirements and try applying there instead.
Telecommuting summits are often free, and they’re held in major cities around the world. These summits are a great opportunity to learn about new technologies, meet other people who telecommute, and find out the best laptops for telecommuting.
- Ask your friends and family.
- Ask your local community.
- Ask your local library.
- Ask your local school.
- Ask your local church.
- Ask your local police department.
- Ask your local fire department!
Enter the world of online rewards programs. These websites reward you with points or coupons for completing certain tasks, such as watching videos or taking surveys. Here’s how they work:
- You complete an offer (usually by completing a quick survey) and receive a point. Each point is worth about $0.01, so 100 points equals $1 in discounts on products offered through the rewards program.
- When you have enough points, redeem them for prizes like gift cards or free items from Amazon! Some programs also offer exclusive deals on travel packages, concert tickets, and home goods at discounted prices.
The key to getting the most out of these types of programs is figuring out which ones will give you the biggest bang for your buck in terms of what kinds of rewards they provide not necessarily just trying to collect as many points as possible.
- Don’t throw out your old gadget.
- Don’t sell it for less than you paid for it.
- Use an online marketplace to find a buyer, such as eBay, Craigslist (or Facebook Marketplace).
- Never sell your personal information or identity to anyone who can use it to steal from you, commit fraud in your name and ruin your credit score, or even worse, steal your identity completely and apply for credit cards and loans using the stolen name.
- Like and post on your favorite brand’s Facebook page. It’s that simple! You probably have a few favorite brands, so I like their pages. Then, please leave comments on their posts and share them with your friends.
- Help out by answering questions they may receive from other customers or fans of the company. If someone asks a question about the product, help them by leaving an answer in the post’s comment section where they asked it.
- Become part of the community by joining groups centered around each specific brand.
- Find out if your school has a grant program. If it does, you might be able to apply for one of these grants and get a laptop at no cost to yourself.
- If not, look into applying for other types of educational grants that may be available in your area. This could include scholarships or funding from the state government or local school districts.
- Remember that if you are granted a laptop through an educational grant program, you may have to pay back the money later (often within five years).
Find free laptop giveaways on blogs, websites, and social media channels.
There are many giveaways online, including free laptops. You can find them on blogs, websites, and social media channels. You could get lucky and find a brand-new laptop for free or cheap.
Become an expert by starting a blog or website and sharing your expertise with others.
If you’re the type of person who is constantly looking for ways to better yourself and the world around you, then this method may be perfect for you!
It’s all about giving back. If people trust your expertise, they’ll want to read what you say. And if they like what they read, there’s a good chance they’ll share it with their friends as well.
This method works well because it connects people with similar interests on an online platform (like Facebook or LinkedIn), making it easy for them to get in touch with each other if they wish and help each other out if needed.
As a college student, you can receive a free laptop from your school. Many colleges offer these computers to their students as part of the university’s commitment to helping with tuition costs.
To apply for one, visit your school’s website or contact the admissions office to ask about free student laptops.
You’ll want to ensure that the computer you’re looking at is compatible with your major or program of study.
If you’re in engineering, for example, it doesn’t make sense to get a Macbook Air if you need something with more power and storage space than that model offers.
If getting a laptop isn’t an option because your school doesn’t provide them this way or because there are too many restrictions on who qualifies for one.
Consider finding another way around this problem by searching websites like Craigslist, where people often resell old computers they no longer use.
Sometimes these older models are more powerful than newer ones since they have more memory capacity without any upgrades made since then!
If you want a free laptop, consider joining the military or Civil Service. These organizations often offer low-interest loans for buying laptops and free computers to their personnel.
And if you decide to join the army after high school graduation, they will give you a laptop.
You can get a laptop for free or at least cheap if you’re willing to put in some effort.
If you’re willing to put in some effort, you can get a laptop for free or at least cheap. Here are some of the ways that you can get someone else’s old laptop:
- Ask around. Your friends and family may have an extra laptop they’re not using. If there’s any chance this could be true, ask them about it!
- Hit up your local thrift store or Goodwill. You might find a nice used computer cheaply at one of these places.
Of course, there is no guarantee that the person who donated it will have properly taken care of their device.
- Get one from Craigslist or eBay. You’ll likely only find computers in good condition here. Still, if you can’t find anything interesting for sale locally and don’t have time constraints, this option is worth checking out.
You need a valid school email address and an active .edu domain to get your free computer from Dell.
A student helping a friend or family member get this offer will not work; the deal is only available to current students who can show proof of enrollment with their university’s email system.
Once you have the necessary credentials, Dell has made it easy to sign up online. Just visit their website and fill out the form, and you’ll be directed toward your personal page, where you can choose the right computer for you.
You’ll also need to select between Windows 10 and Ubuntu as your operating system, so keep that in mind when choosing the best hardware for your needs.
To get a free laptop from Amazon, you must sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. This gives you free shipping on any and all purchases you make through them. This includes buying laptops. If you’re planning on buying a laptop anyway, that’s great. You’re halfway there.
First, it’s important that when purchasing your new laptop for free by using an online service like Amazon Prime’s trial period or Expedia’s flight simulation tool, you select an option under which these companies will not take your credit card information.
This is important because if you do not select this option, these companies may take and store your credit card information. They can charge you for anything they want without your consent or knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a free laptop for studying?
Free laptops are available from the government and some corporations, but you must meet certain prerequisites to qualify.
The best way to find out if you’re eligible is to check out the requirements for each program in which you might be interested, and then contact the program administrator directly to see how you can apply.
These free laptops are intended for students who qualify, so ensure your academic status is accurate before proceeding.
Yes, it is. The human race has been around for thousands of years and survived all the threats that being a human has not been easy, but we were able to go through all the misfortunes and live on.
We survived by being clever, and now we have even more opportunities thanks to our cleverness.
One can’t be completely sure about their legitimacy if it’s not proven in their own eyes, which is why humans need some kind of reassurance that they are genuine humans and not anyone else.
The fact is that there are many ways to prove it, and no matter what way you choose, it will be enough for you to feel confident about your place among other humans.
To have this confidence, one must prove their legitimacy to themselves and not just others.
You can get a free computer with a little help from the government; you could get one. Canada is currently running a program to provide everyone with access to high-speed internet. There are three ways to get this “free” connection:
One, you can build your own computer and pay for it yourself; two, you can purchase a computer with a “free” high-speed connection; three, you can rent one at a store.
If you’ve read the article on high-speed internet services in Canada, you know that the first two options aren’t worth your money: paying for something you can get for free is never smart.
The third option might be better, but it depends on how much use you’ll need: if you don’t need to use it more than once every couple of days or so (as opposed to 24/7), renting may not be worth it.
That leaves us with building our own computers as the only way to get “free” computers in Canada.
In the past, Apple has given away free laptops to jumpstart sales after product releases. A promotion to release the MacBook Air in 2008 provided buyers with a free 11-inch MacBook Air when they purchased a new Mac.
Similar promotions were given away during the release of the new iPad and iPhone 4s. However, Apple stopped giving away laptops following the release of OS X Lion in 2011.
With news that OS X Mavericks will be released on October 22nd, 2013, rumors are circulating that Apple may once again provide buyers with free laptops to get them excited about their newest OS update.
What can I do with my old laptop in Canada?
Before you do anything with your old laptop in Canada, consider these options and their benefits:
Sell it online. Whether you have a laptop from Apple or another brand, there’s always a market for used computers.
Do some research to learn about the value of your model and whether any reputable websites buy used electronics.
Finding someone who wants your model might take some time and effort, but many people could benefit from having an old computer fixed up instead of just being tossed away.
Sell it locally. If you want to sell your laptop close to home, try posting signs in local stores or offering to let someone borrow it for a day or two if they’re interested in buying it.
If your laptop is in good condition, someone else might be able to turn it into something new and useful, whether using it for parts or selling it for parts.
Donate it. Some charitable organizations accept computers as donations and refurbish them to give them away again to people who need them.
You can find organizations that accept laptops close to you by searching the Internet or contacting your local government or charity organization.
Recycle it. If you don’t want to sell your old laptop and you don’t have any use for it anymore, there are plenty of ways to dispose of it properly.
Many cities have electronics recycling programs that accept laptops and other electronics; just call up your city’s recycling office to find out where they drop off items like these.
There are many options for using your laptop to earn cash. Below are some ideas for making money using your laptop:
Create and sell digital products: You can create e-books, music compilations, cooking recipes, or even design unique graphics and sell them on sites like Etsy or eBay.
Sell your services: Consult those seeking help with desktop publishing or website design.
Get paid to take surveys: There’s always a market for people who want to tell others what they think about everything from movie releases to kitchen appliances. Some sites will even pay you just for reading emails!
Sign up as an affiliate in one of the many affiliate programs available online: If you have an interesting blog that would interest a certain product’s target audience.
Applying as an affiliate will give you a percentage of every sale made by any visitor to your site who clicks one of the links on your page.
In conclusion, there are many ways to get free laptops. While you may not be able to find one at a local electronics store or a pawnshop, there are still plenty of options to help you get your hands on one without spending any money.